Effective: 12 March 2014
FIC furnishes the Website and the FIC Services for your personal enjoyment and entertainment. By visiting the Website (whether or not you are a registered member) or using the FIC Services, you accept and agree to be bound by this Agreement, including any future modifications ("Agreement"), and to abide by all applicable laws, rules and regulations including laws that apply under your jurisdiction or a foreign jurisdiction (“Applicable Law”). Please read through this Agreement carefully. FIC may modify this Agreement at any time, and each such modification will be effective upon posting on the Website. All material modifications will apply prospectively only. Your continued use of the Website or the FIC Services following any modification of this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the Agreement as modified. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement and to abide by all Applicable Law, you must discontinue use of the FIC Services immediately.
Your access to and use of certain FIC Services may require you to accept additional terms and conditions applicable to such FIC Services, in addition to this Agreement, and may require you to download software or Content (as defined below). In the event of a conflict between any such additional terms and this Agreement, such additional terms will prevail.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE “ARBITRATION AGREEMENT” SECTION INCLUDED BELOW CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT REQUIRE (i) WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND FIC UNDER THIS AGREEMENT BE HANDLED BY ARBITRATION, AND (ii) YOU AND FIC WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BRING OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH DISPUTES. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REVIEW THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
If the Website permits registration, 1) all registration information you submit to create an account must be accurate and kept up to date; 2) it is your responsibility to notify us of any changes in such information, including but not limited to your contact information; 3) you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for all use of your account and it is therefore critical that you do not share your password with anyone; 4) you agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another user at any time and not to allow any other person to use your account; 5) your account is not transferable; 6) you agree to notify FIC immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of, or access to, your account or password; and 7) FIC reserves the right to change any user name or url related to any FIC Sites at any time for any or no reason without prior notice.
FIC makes no warranty, and accepts no liability for any loss or damages whatsoever, relating to or in connection with your placement of an order for a Site Product with the Processor. FIC provides no refunds (except as expressly required by Applicable Law and makes no warranty for, and accepts no liability regarding purchases you make on the Website. Nothing in this Agreement restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude, or modify any statutory consumer rights under any Applicable Law. You are solely responsible for any and all transactions utilizing your Personal Financial Information, including, but not limited to, any and all charges. You acknowledge and agree that in the event Processor experiences a data breach that affects your Personal Financial Information, FIC will in no way be responsible or liable to you for any such breach.
The FIC will not store any record of Personal Financial Information related to purchases or other transactions you make through the FIC Services. You should therefore maintain records of all your transactions. If you have any questions regarding your transactions or believe that there is an error or unauthorized transaction or activity associated with transactions utilizing your Personal Financial Information, you must contact the Processor.
The FIC Services are offered for your personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes. The FIC Services contain information, text, files, images, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, software, applications, product names, FIC names, trade names, logos, designs, and any other materials or content (collectively, “Content”) of FIC, its licensors, or assignors (“FIC Content”), as well as Content provided by users or other third parties. Content contained in the FIC Services is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws and, as between you and FIC, FIC, its licensors, or its assignors, own and retain all rights in the FIC Content. FIC hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to access and display or perform the FIC Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal, non-commercial use in connection with using the FIC Services. Except as provided in this Agreement or as explicitly allowed on the FIC Services, you may not copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, upload, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, retransmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, frame or deep-link, make available, or otherwise use any Content contained in the FIC Services.
Except as explicitly and expressly permitted by the FIC or by the limited license set forth above, you are strictly prohibited from creating works or materials (including but not limited to fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards, montages, mash-ups and similar videos, greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise) that derive from or are based on the FIC Content. This prohibition applies regardless of whether such derivative works or materials are sold, bartered or given away. Also, you may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notice marked on the Content contained in the FIC Services or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection, copy control or access control measure associated with the Content contained in the FIC Services including geo-filtering mechanisms. Except as necessary in order to make reference to the FIC, its products and services in a purely descriptive capacity, you are expressly prohibited from using any FIC Content in any manner.
You understand that you are responsible for all Content that you post, upload, transmit, email or otherwise make available on the Website or on, through or in connection with the FIC Services (collectively, “User Content”). Additionally, you acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy in or confidentiality with respect to your User Content. Accordingly, please choose User Content carefully.
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit or link to Content that is: unlawful; threatening; abusive; obscene; vulgar; sexually explicit; pornographic or inclusive of nudity; offensive; excessively violent; invasive of another’s privacy, publicity, contract or other rights; tortious; false or misleading; defamatory; libelous; hateful; or discriminatory;
- Introduce or engage in activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- Use technology or any automated system such as scripts, spiders, offline readers or bots in order to collect or disseminate usernames, passwords, email addresses or other data from the FIC Services, or to circumvent or modify any security technology or software that is part of the FIC Services;
- Send or cause to send (directly or indirectly) unsolicited bulk messages or other unsolicited bulk communications of any kind through the FIC Services. If you do so, you acknowledge you will have caused substantial harm to FIC, but that the amount of harm would be extremely difficult to measure. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, and by way of liquidated damages and not as a penalty, you agree to pay FIC AU$50 for each actual or intended recipient of such communication;
- Engage in commercial activity (including but not limited to advertisements or solicitations of business; sales; contests; sweepstakes; creating, recreating, distributing or advertising an index of any significant portion of the FIC Content;or building a business using the FIC Content) without FIC’s prior written consent;
FIC reserves the right, but disclaims any obligation or responsibility, to remove User Content that violates this Agreement, as determined by FIC, or for any other reason, in FIC’s sole discretion and without notice to you. You acknowledge the FIC reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in FIC’s sole discretion, violates this Agreement, including but not limited to, terminating their user account and/or reporting such User Content, conduct, or activity to law enforcement authorities.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that FIC may access, preserve or disclose information you provide to the Website, including User Content and your account registration information, including when FIC has a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is necessary in order to: (i) protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of FIC, our parents, subsidiaries or affiliates (“FIC Affiliates”), or their employees, agents and contractors (including enforcement of this Agreement or our other agreements); (ii) protect the safety, privacy, and security of users of the FIC Services or members of the public including in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; (iv) comply with the law or legal process; or (v) respond to requests from public and government authorities. If FIC sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, FIC may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
FIC reserves the right to limit the storage capacity of User Content. You assume full responsibility for maintaining backup copies of your User Content, and FIC assumes no responsibility for any loss of your User Content due to its being removed by FIC or for any other reason.
FIC does not claim any ownership rights in the User Content that you post, upload, email, transmit, or otherwise make available (collectively, “Transmit”) on, through or in connection with the FIC Services, except with respect to your unsolicited submissions, as described under “Unsolicited Submissions” below; provided, however, that User Content shall not include any FIC Content or content owned by a FIC Affiliate. By posting or transmitting any User Content on, through or in connection with the FIC Services, you hereby grant to FIC and our FIC Affiliates, licensees, assignees, and authorized users a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, freely sublicensable, transferable (in whole or in part) right (including any moral rights) and license to use, modify, excerpt, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works and compilations based upon, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, sublicense, and distribute such User Content, including your name, voice, likeness and other personally identifiable information to the extent that such is contained in User Content, anywhere, in any form and on and through all media formats now known or hereafter devised, for any and all purposes including, but not limited to, promotional, marketing, trade or any non-commercial or commercial purposes. Additionally, FIC is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained within such User Content for any purpose including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, marketing and providing commercial products and services, including FIC Services. FIC‘s use of such User Content shall not require any further notice or attribution to you and such use shall be without the requirement of any permission from or any payment to you or any other person or entity. You hereby appoint FIC as your agent with full authority to execute any document or take any action FIC may consider appropriate in order to confirm the rights granted by you to FIC in this Agreement.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the User Content Transmitted by you on, through or in connection with the FIC Services, or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this Section, and (ii) the Transmission of User Content by you on, through or in connection with the FIC Services and Third Party Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of the use of any User Content Transmitted by you on or through the FIC Services or Third Party Services.
If you delete your User Content from the Website, FIC’s license to such User Content will end after a reasonable period of time necessary for the deletion to take full effect. However, the User Content may be retained in the FIC’s back-up copies of the Website, which are not publicly available. Furthermore, to the extent that FIC made use of your User Content before you deleted it, FIC will retain the right to make such pre-existing uses even after your User Content is deleted. You acknowledge that (i) deletion of your User Content from the Website will not result in, and FIC assumes no responsibility for, the deletion of such User Content by any third parties who were provided with or had access to such User Content prior to your deleting it from the Website, and (ii) termination of your account or your use of the FIC Services will not result in the immediate or automatic deletion of your User Content consistent with this Agreement.
FIC respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our users do the same. FIC has a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers and account holders of FIC Services who are repeat infringers. FIC also reserves the right to remove or disable access to any transmission of Content that infringes the copyright of any person under the laws of any country upon receipt of a notice or other relevant communication from the appropriate person or authority.
If you believe that any material residing on or linked to from FIC Services infringes your copyright, you must send us a written notification of claimed infringement that contains substantially all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the FIC Services (such as the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notification is accurate and a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature.
If you posted material to FIC Services that FIC removed due to a notice of claimed infringement from a copyright owner, FIC will take reasonable steps promptly to notify you that the material has been removed or disabled. This notice may be by means of a general notice on the Website or by written or electronic communication to such address(es) you have provided to FIC, if any. You may provide counter-notification in response to such notice in a written communication that includes substantially all of the following: (i) identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled; (ii) a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; (iii) your name, address, telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of Australia, the courts of the State of New South Wales, Australia, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification requesting the removal or disabling of access to the material or such person’s agent; and (iv) your physical or electronic signature.
You understand that FIC does not control the User Content posted by users via the FIC Services and, as such, you understand you may be exposed to offensive, inaccurate or otherwise objectionable User Content. FIC assumes no responsibility or liability for this type of Content. If you become aware of any misuse of the FIC Services, including in violation of any “Restrictions on Use of FIC Services,” please report it immediately to FIC at FXTV.INFO@fox.com with the subject line “Violation of Restrictions on Use of FIC Services.” FIC assumes no responsibility for monitoring the FIC Services for inappropriate User Content or user conduct. If at any time, FIC chooses in its sole discretion to monitor the FIC Services, FIC nonetheless assumes no responsibility for Content other than FIC Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of any user.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Website and the FIC Services, providers of Third Party Services or any other parties with whom you interact on, through or in connection with the FIC Services. FIC reserves the right, but has no obligation, to become involved in any way with any disputes between you and such parties.
THE FIC SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND FIC DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF OR CONTINUOUS AVAILABILITY OF THE FIC SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FIC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES IMPLIED FOR A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR COURSE OF DEALING. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT RESTRICTS, EXCLUDES OR MODIFIES OR PURPORTS TO RESTRICT, EXCLUDE OR MODIFY ANY STATUTORY CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, FIC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR USE OF THE FIC SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS TO THE FIC SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE FIC SERVICES OR THE SERVERS ON WHICH THEY ARE AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE FIC SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THROUGH USER CONTENT OR THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, TIMELY OR COMPLETE. TO THE FULLEST EXTEND PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FIC EXCLUDES ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) RESULTING FROM USE OF THE FIC SERVICES, PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE FIC SERVICES, ATTENDANCE AT A FIC EVENT, ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE FIC SERVICES, ANY USER CONTENT, ANY THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENT OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE TRANSMITTED ON, THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE FIC SERVICES, OR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE FIC SERVICES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. YOUR USE OF USER CONTENT, THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS, THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND THE GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY ANY THIRD PARTIES IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND AT YOUR OWN RISK.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE FIC SERVICES, AND ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, MAY NOT BE SECURE AND MAY BE INTERCEPTED BY UNAUTHORIZED PARTIES. YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR CORRECTION TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER PROPERTY OR RECOVERY OR RECONSTRUCTION OF LOST DATA NECESSITATED BY YOUR USE OF THE FIC SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT WILL FIC BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE FIC SERVICES. IN JURISDICTIONS THAT DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF SUCH DAMAGES, FIC’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, FIC'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO FIC FOR THE FIC SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF YOUR USE OF THE FIC SERVICES, OR WHERE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FIC’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE REPLACEMENT, REPAIR, OR REFUND OF THE COSTS OF PRODUCTS OR THE RESUPPLY OR REFUND OF THE COST OF THE FIC SERVICES.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY DAMAGES YOU INCUR ARISING OUT OF FIC’S ACTS OR OMISSIONS OR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE FIC SERVICES ARE NOT IRREPARABLE AND ARE INSUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF RESTRICTING THE AVAILABILITY OF OR ANY PERSON’S ABILITY TO ACCESS ANY PORTION OF THE WEBSITE OR THE FIC SERVICES.
THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF FIC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
FIC provides the FIC Services in Australia. FIC does not represent that the FIC Content or the FIC Services are appropriate (or, in some cases, available) for use in other locations. If you use the Website or the FIC Services from a jurisdiction other than the Australia, you agree that you do so of your own initiative, and you are responsible for complying with local laws as applicable to your use of the Website or the FIC Services.
Not all of the Site Products are available worldwide or nationwide, and FIC makes no representation that you will be able to obtain any Site Product in any particular jurisdiction, either within or outside of Australia.
(1) FIC, including its FIC Affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, and you agree that any and all disputes and claims that each of you and FIC may have against the other that arise out of or relate to the FIC Services and your use of them, including the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity of this Agreement, including the agreement to arbitrate (the “Arbitration Agreement”) and the scope or applicability of this Arbitration Agreement (collectively, “Disputes”), including but not limited to the arbitrability of any and all Disputes, and even if the events giving rise to Disputes occurred before this Arbitration Agreement became effective, will be resolved in a binding, confidential, individual and fair arbitration process, and not in court. Each of you and FIC agrees to give up the right to sue in court. Each of you and FIC also agrees to give up the right to have claims heard by a jury and the ability to seek to represent, in a class action or otherwise, anyone but each of you and FIC (see paragraph 9 below). The only exceptions to this Arbitration Agreement are that (i) each of you and FIC retains the right to sue in small claims court and (ii) each of you and FIC may bring suit in court against the other to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
(3) Any arbitration between you and FIC will be conducted by the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (the “ACICA”) and will be governed by the ACICA’s Arbitration Rules then in force (“ACICA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. The AAA Rules are available online at http://acica.org.au, or by calling the ACICA at +61 2 9223 1099. The arbitration will be conducted by a single arbitrator. If you and we cannot agree on who that single arbitrator should be, then the ACICA shall appoint an arbitrator. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement.
(4) If either you or FIC wants to arbitrate a claim, you or FIC must first send by mail to the other a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”) that sets forth the name, address, and contact information of the party giving notice, the specific facts giving rise to the Dispute, the FIC Service to which the Notice relates, and the relief requested. Your Notice to the FIC must be sent by mail to Arbitration Notice of Dispute, Level 3, 4-16 Yurong Street, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia. FIC will send any Notice to you at the contact information we have for you or that you provide. It is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the recipient receives the Notice. During the first 45 days after you or we send a Notice to the other, you and we may try to reach a settlement of the Dispute.
(5) If you and we do not resolve the Dispute within 45 days, either you or we may initiate arbitration in accordance with the rules and procedures provided for by the ACICA. A form for initiating formal arbitration may be found on the ACICA’s website at http://acica.org.au (“Arbitration Form”). In addition to filing this Arbitration Form with ACICA in accordance with its rules and procedures, you must send a copy of this completed Arbitration Form to FIC at the address listed above to which you sent your Notice of Dispute.
(7) The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. The arbitrator may not order FIC to pay any monies to or take any actions with respect to persons other than you, unless FIC explicitly consents in advance, after an arbitrator is selected, to permit the arbitrator to enter such an order. YOU AND FIC AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE OR MULTI-CLAIMANT PROCEEDING. Further, unless FIC agrees, the arbitrator may not consolidate other persons’ claims with yours, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, multi-claimant or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void, but the rest of this Agreement, including the provisions governing where actions against FIC must be pursued, will remain in effect.
(8) You and FIC agree to maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding and shall not disclose the fact of the arbitration, any documents exchanged as part of any mediation, proceedings of the arbitration, the arbitrator’s decision and the existence or amount of any award, except as may be necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration (in which case anyone becoming privy to confidential information must undertake to preserve its confidentiality), or except as may be necessary in connection with a court application for a provisional remedy, a judicial challenge to an award or its enforcement, or unless otherwise required by law or court order.
Except with respect to Disputes to be resolved through an arbitration process in accordance with the Arbitration Agreement contained above, you and FIC agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the State of New South Wales, Australia to resolve any Dispute arising out of the Agreement or the FIC Services. YOU HEREBY KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS, COUNTERCLAIMS, CROSS-CLAIMS, OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS) ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THIS WEBSITE OR THE FIC SERVICES MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. AFTER SUCH PERIOD, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to indemnify and hold FIC, its FIC Affiliates, subcontractors and other partners, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use or misuse of the Website or the FIC Services (including, without, limitation, any use of your account, whether or not authorized by you), your breach of this Agreement, your violation of any rights of another or any Content that you Transmit through the FIC Services.
FIC does not knowingly accept, via the FIC Services or otherwise, unsolicited submissions including, without limitation, submissions by you of blog ideas, articles, scripts, story lines, fan fiction, characters, drawings, information, suggestions, proposals, ideas or concepts. FIC requests that you do not make any unsolicited submissions. Any similarity between an unsolicited submission and any elements in any FIC or Affiliated FIC creative work including, without limitation, a film, series, story, title or concept would be purely coincidental. If you do send any submissions to FIC via the FIC Services that are unsolicited (including but not limited to any Forum), however, you agree that (i) your unsolicited submissions are not being made in confidence or trust and that by making such submissions no contractual or fiduciary relationship is created between you and FIC; (ii) any such unsolicited submissions and copyright become the property of and will be owned by FIC (and are not User Content licensed by you to FIC under “Your Proprietary Rights in and License to Your User Content”) and may be used, copied, sublicensed, adapted, transmitted, distributed, publicly performed, published, displayed or deleted as FIC sees fit; (iii) you are not entitled to any compensation, credit or notice whatsoever in connection with such submissions; and (iv) by sending an unsolicited submission you waive the right to make any claim against FIC or FIC Affiliates relating to any unsolicited submissions by you, including, without limitation, unfair competition, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality.
FIC may, from time to time, post FIC employment opportunities on the FIC Services and/or invite users to submit resumes to it. If you choose to submit your name, contact information, resume and/or other personal information to FIC in response to employment listings, you are authorizing FIC to utilize this information for all lawful and legitimate hiring and employment purposes. FIC also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to forward the information you submit to its FIC Affiliates for legitimate business purposes. Nothing in this Agreement or contained in the FIC Services will constitute a promise by FIC to contact, interview, hire or employ any individual who submits information to it, nor will anything in this Agreement or contained in the FIC Services constitute a promise that FIC will review any or all of the information submitted to it by users of the FIC Services.
The failure of FIC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The Section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, if any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You agree that any notices the FIC may be required by Applicable Law to send to you will be effective upon FIC’s sending an e-mail message to the e-mail address you have on file with FIC or publishing such notices on the informational page(s) of the Website.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and FIC as a result of this Agreement or your use of the FIC Services. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice related to it shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Nothing contained in this Agreement limits FIC’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the FIC Services or information provided to or gathered by us in connection with such use.
Please contact us at: Contact FXTV.INFO@fox.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.